Newer News: October 2021
September 2021 Intelligence News
- How a former Trump aide is pressing Biden to loosen national security secrets by Bryan Bender, Politico, September 29. "Ezra Cohen, one of the former president's more controversial advisers, is wielding an obscure advisory board to try to reform the classification system."
- Intelligence Agencies Pushed to Use More Commercial Satellites by Julian E. Barnes, New York Times, September 27. "Congress wants the government to turn to the private sector to augment the capabilities of highly classified spy satellites."
- Space Discussions Still Hampered By Secrecy by Shaun Waterman, Air Force Magazine, September 22. "Discussions within the Space Force and between it and industry partners about new architectures for satellite constellations are sometimes hampered by the extraordinarily high levels of classification involved, a Lockheed Martin executive said."
- House Mandates Strategy to Implement Defense Intelligence Reforms, FY 22defense authorization act (House version), September 21. It shall include "a plan to elevate open-source intelligence to a foundational intelligence for strategic intelligence that is treated on par with information collected from classified means.""
- Anomalous Health Incidents, memorandum from the Secretary of Defense, September 15. "Over the course of the last several years, and predominantly overseas, some DoD
personnel have reported a series of sudden and troubling sensory events such as sounds, pressure,
or heat concurrently or immediately preceding the sudden onset of symptoms such as headaches,
pain, nausea, or disequilibrium (unsteadiness or vertigo)."
Older News: August 2021
Maintained by Steven Aftergood
Updated October 10, 2021